The Baptist Convention of Iowa is investing in the future by offering scholarships and collegiate ministry internships to students who are members of BCI churches. The Student Scholarship Fund has been established to assist in training vocational ministers by providing a scholarship for students enrolled in a seminary program and to expand collegiate ministry in Iowa by providing interns for churches with new collegiate ministries. “We are grateful that we can can offer new ways to invest in the next generation” says BCI Executive Director Dr. Tim Lubinus. Through these programs young men and women are offered financial assistance while they work on their degrees and gain valuable experience working in ministry. These students will be our next generation of pastors, church planters, missionaries and ministers. Please join us in praying for our students and the ministries in which they are involved. If you would like to contribute to the Student Scholarship Fund please contact Executive Director/Treasurer Tim Lubinus at 515.809.2819 or email@example.com. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship or internship, please read the following information and follow the links to apply online.
Student scholarships are available to full-time seminary students preparing for vocational ministry. Students must apply every semester. After being approved for the initial semester, subsequent semesters are guaranteed if the student continues to meet the qualifications of the scholarship and funds are available.
Qualifications of Scholarship Applicant:
- Must have good moral character shown by recommendations of pastor and others.
- Must be a member of a BCI affiliated church.
- Must be enrolled full-time and intending to graduate from an accredited seminary.
- Must be preparing for full-time Christian service.
Graduate students may receive a maximum of $500 per semester with a lifetime maximum of $3,000
Formal Application must include:
- A completed online application form, signed by the applicant.
- Brief statements by the applicant:
- Conversion experience
- Call of God into full-time Christian service
- Describe the seminary program that you are enrolled in.
- Describe your connection to Iowa and your church membership
- Describe your plans (if any) for future ministry
Iowa Collegiate Internship
A collegiate intern is a college student or recent graduate, normally 21-25 years old, who serves for four months to one year to assist a local church as it seeks to begin a collegiate ministry to reach students who attend a nearby college. Collegiate interns will have a ministry supervisor, normally someone on church staff. Compensation will be $500/month for the length of service. This funding is available within the first three years of the start of the collegiate ministry.
Qualifications for a Collegiate Intern:
- Be a committed and maturing Christian and have interest in vocational ministry
- Be willing to verbally share the gospel with others
- Be an active member of a local BCI church and affirm the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
- Be available to serve the entire length of the project (four months to 1 year)
- Have a 2.0 or higher GPA
Application and approval: An online application should be completed by the ministry supervisor stating that the applicant meets all the qualifications, includes contact information of the applicant and ministry supervisor, and includes a paragraph from the supervisor explaining why he/she believes that the applicant would be a good collegiate intern and a brief overview of the intern’s job responsibilities including beginning and ending dates of service.