As Southern Baptists, we celebrate a rich history of mission among unreached peoples and places. The heritage and identity of the SBC centers on delivering the good news of Christ to those who have not heard. And through cooperation, the International Mission Board has partnered with more than 47,000 churches to see disciples made and churches planted among them.
The IMB has seen a disheartening decline in the number of missionaries around the world. This year, however, because of faithful, generous giving, we are once again on firm financial ground. By God’s grace, the reversal of that decline is underway, and the pathways for the sending of those missionaries are broader than ever before.
153 Million Lottie Moon Christmas Offering® + 98 Million through the Cooperative Program = 87,287 NEW BELIEVERS and 4,550 NEW CHURCHES
- In eastern Europe, the Bible has now been translated and printed in the Udmurt Language for the first time in history.
- In just two years, a city in east Asia that had no Christian presence has now seen 4 new churches start.
- The first church ever started among a Muslim people called the Mwani in sub-Saharan Africa.
- A missionary shared the gospel with a man who became the first known believer among his people. Now, 19 believers meet regularly in his village.
- In southeast Asia, we’re equipping a national couple who will go for two years this August to reach a diaspora people group of 500,000 migrants.
- A man in South Asia put his faith in Jesus, was baptized, and then led 10 of his friends to Christ and started a discipleship group with them.
- After 2.5 yrs in the middle east, one family has shared the gospel with over 800 people in their heart language— Arabic.
You have a role to play in God’s Mission. Explore your next steps at imb.org/next.