BCI is excited to partner with NAMB to provide funding for student missionary positions in 2017. This program is designed to produce three objectives BCI shares with NAMB and our affiliated churches.
- Impacting lostness in Iowa through the ministry of local churches
- Developing up-and-coming ministry leaders
- Exposing developing leaders to church planting
There is flexibility in the type of work the student missionary does with your church so long as those objectives are in clear focus. In the past, student missionaries have served in collegiate ministry, youth ministry, or in a variety of mission/outreach projects of local churches.
The ideal term of the student missionary is 2-6 months. Funding provided will depend on the length of term and matching support from the sponsoring church. The BCI and NAMB will provide $500-$1000 total for the position. Funding is dependent on the student missionary meeting the following requirements:
- Agreement with the Baptist Faith & Message (2000)
- Agreement with NAMB’s Student Missionary Code of Conduct
Sponsor churches are primarily responsible for recruiting and screening student missionary candidates. BCI can provide assistance as needed.
- Sponsor church completes the BCI Student Missionary Request Form.
- BCI staff review the request.
- Once approved, the church then recruits, screens, and approves a student missionary candidate in a process that must include, but is not limited to, the NAMB Student Missionary Agreement.
- BCI sends position and missionary approval to NAMB.
TIPS FOR COMPLETING BCI STUDENT MISSIONARY REQUEST FORM
The BCI Student Missionary Request Form must be completed in one session. In order to complete the request well, please be prepared to provide the following information through the form:
- A clear job description, including start and end dates
- A development plan that explains how the sponsoring church will develop the student missionary’s character, biblical convictions, and ministry competencies.
- A list of the activities, projects, or events that will grow the student missionary’s awareness of the need for new churches and how BCI/NAMB are working to start new churches.
The deadline for requesting a student missionary position is July 1, 2017.
If you have any questions, contact Chase Abner – firstname.lastname@example.org.