God deserves the worship of all people, and the gospel is the only hope for the billions of people who have yet to hear.
“Declare His glory among the nations, His wonderful works among all the peoples” Psalm 96:3 (HCSB).
2015 Lottie Moon Christmas Offering goal: $175 million
by IMB staff
RICHMOND, Va. (BP) — God deserves the worship of all people, and the gospel is the only hope for the billions of people who have yet to hear. This is why we go to unreached peoples and places: to share with those who live in hard places — sprawling cites, arid deserts, dense jungles and war-torn villages — where very few or no disciples are proclaiming the truth about Jesus in a way that can be understood.
Global missions is not a compartmentalized program of the church for a select few people; it is the purpose for which we all exist. Every church and every believer has a part to play in fulfilling Christ’s commission.
Today, globalization and urbanization present new opportunities for more men, women, singles and families to be active in international missions than ever before. As IMB equips churches to send ordinary Christians as missionaries to unreached people and places, it also partners with churches to send limitless missionary teams of business and medical professionals, students, retirees, teachers and others to work together in global cities.
Five biblical priorities fuel this partnership:
- Exalting Christ: Relying on the Word of God as the guidebook, both for the message proclaimed and the strategies utilized.
- Mobilizing Christians: Every church member has gifts, skills and opportunities for fulfilling Christ’s commission.
- Equipping churches: The New Testament teaches us that God uses the local church to send missionaries.
- Facilitating church planting: Jesus established His church as the community for making disciples.
- Fulfilling the commission: Jesus commissioned His followers to make disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey all that He had commanded them (Matt. 28:19-20).
We as Christians must be faithful to live out our missionary identity, faithful to pray, give, go and send to multiply churches around the world for the glory of God. How do you fit into God’s creative global plan? How does your church fit in?
During this season of prayer and giving, seek the Lord’s guidance for what He would have you give to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. Your gifts and your prayers enable more Christians to be sent to make disciples and multiply churches among unreached peoples for the glory of God — because of Who He is.
Declare His glory among the nations, His wonderful works among all peoples (Psalm 96:3, HCSB).
Find resources for churches at imb.org/offering to learn more about and promote the Lottie Moon offering. While Southern Baptists are encouraged to give to the offering through their churches, a Donate Now option is available for individual online gifts.