The Betty Jo McFerron Scholarship Fund has been established to:
- Honor the memory of Betty Jo McFerron.
- Recognize, support and provide encouragement for qualified students.
Qualifications of Applicant:
- Must be a High School graduate.
- Must have good moral character.
- Must show a reasonable need for financial assistance to complete a College, University or Seminary Program.
- Must reside in or have been a resident of Iowa.
- Must be active in a Southern Baptist Church.
- Must be enrolled in a College, University or Seminary.
- Must be preparing for full-time Christian Service.
Formal Application must include:
- A completed “Student Scholarship Application” form, signed by the applicant.
- Brief statements by the applicant:
- Conversion experience
- Call of God into full-time Christian Service.
- Connection to Iowa
- Financial needs.
- Plans (if any) to return to Iowa for ministry.
3. “Moral Obligation for Scholarship Recipients” form, properly signed.