By Tim Lubinus, BCI Executive Director/Treasurer
One of our key ministry areas is facilitating new church starts. Over the next month or so, five new churches will start. Please pray for these churches and pastors.
New Church Starts:
- August 14: Frontier Church, Des Moines; Cole Deike, Pastor. Sponsoring Church: Redeemer Church in Cedar Rapids.
- August 21: Cottage Grove Church, Des Moines; Andy Norris, Pastor. Sponsoring Church: Cornerstone Church in Ames.
- August 28: Anthem Church, Columbia, MO; Stan Hayek, Pastor. Sponsoring Church: Candeo Church in Waterloo.
- September 11: Paragon Church, Grinnell, Cody Hinton, Pastor. Sponsoring Church: New Heights Church in Indianola.
- September 18: Christ Point Baptist Church, Shenandoah. Noel Gandy, Pastor. This is a re-start in Shenandoah.
We’ve had another staff change at the BCI office. After nearly a decade as BCI’s Business Manager and Accountant, Bobbie Thies has taken a position with another ministry. We immediately hired her back on a contract basis; Bobbie will continue to manage our Cooperative Program receipts from churches. Continue to contact her directly with any questions regarding church or individual Cooperative Program donations. We have hired an accounting firm to handle our accounts payable.
Also Eric Seever, our ministry coordinator, has resigned to focus more on international ministry in Ames and beyond. Continue to pray for fruitful ministry for Eric. Our new ministry assistant for BCI is Mandy Stenberg. Mandy will handle meeting logistics and general inquiries. For a full line-up of nineteen BCI staff including contact information, see webpage here. This information should help you to know who to contact with specific ministry or BCI organization questions.
In a few days we will begin promoting our 2016 Iowa Missions offering. Many churches collect this offering in September. We are excited about supporting the range of ministries across our state that this offering supports plus the emphasis on development of pastors to lead Iowa churches. Watch our website and newsletter for more information and a video in a few days.
Finally, we are scheduled to close on the sale of our Urbandale office on August 15, 2016. The mobile office transition is going well; let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions. Remember that our office number is now (515) 809-2819.