We are within two months of our Southern Baptist Convention in Columbus, Ohio, on June 16-17, and our pace is intensifying and accelerating as we are preparing continually. Now is the time for each of us to get serious about attending.
Register Now for the Southern Baptist Convention
If you are representing your church as a messenger at our upcoming convention, your church can register you online right now. Or, you can register in person once you arrive if you are not able to do so online.
When you become a registered messenger, you will represent your church by:
- Receiving your credentials as a messenger in Columbus at our registration area in the convention center
- Attending the convention meetings
- Voting when opportunity is given
- Reporting to your church upon arrival back home
It is very important for each church to be represented and if you are in Columbus serving the convention itself, please ask your church to register you as a messenger.
2015 Credentials Committee
Today, I am sharing our 2015 Credentials Committee. This committee is very important, as they review and verify the credentials of each registered messenger. According to SBC Bylaw 8, as President, I am to appoint this committee no less than thirty days prior to the convention meeting.
It also states this committee will review and rule upon any questions that may arise in registration concerning the credentials of messengers. If any contention arises concerning the seating of messengers, it is this committee who will consider the situation and report back to the Convention.
This committee will work in the registration area one day prior to the convention, as well as meet with the Registration Secretary, who oversees all matters relating to their responsibilities. Dr. Jim Wells of Missouri serves as our Registration Secretary for the Southern Baptist Convention.
Please understand, this committee is very important in the day in which we live. We want to ensure that all churches represented at our annual meeting have not veered away from our doctrinal beliefs and/or are not operating outside of our Constitution relating to what it means to be a cooperating church. You can read about what this means in Article III of our Constitution.
Therefore, I have named seasoned pastor and theologian, Dr. Hayes Wicker as the Chairman of our 2015 SBC Credentials Committee. He is the Senior Pastor of the First Baptist Church in Naples, Florida, and he will represent us in the highest manner. Assisting him as Vice-Chairman is Dr. Rob Peters, Senior Pastor of the Calvary Baptist Church in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I have complete confidence in these two men as they work together to lead this year’s Credentials Committee.
Our 2015 Credentials Committee is:
- Hayes Wicker (Chairman) – First Baptist Church – Naples, FL.
- Rob Peters(Vice Chairman) – Calvary Baptist Church – Winston Salem, NC
- James Betner – Delaware Valley Baptist Church – Willingboro, NJ
- Becky Cavannaugh – Logan Elm Baptist Church – Circleville, OH
- Greg Cooper – First Baptist Church Groveport – Groveport, OH
- Debbie Dobbs – Dublin Baptist Church – Dublin, OH
- Dan Eddington – Island City Baptist Church – Wilmington, IL
- Darron Edwards – United Believers Community Church – Kansas City, MO
- Shawn Edwards – Valley View Baptist Church – Vine Grove, KY
- John Flores – La Respuesta, Highview Baptist Church – Louisville, KY
- John Green – Shindler Drive Baptist Church – Jacksonville, FL
- Clay Hallmark – Marion First Baptist Church – Marion, AR
- Doug Hixson – Connection Church – Spearfish, SD
- Dean Inserra – City Church – Tallahassee, Florida
- Chris Johnson – Van Buren First Baptist Church – Van Buren, AR
- Jason Paredes – Fielder Road Baptist Church – Arlington, TX
- Tim Prock – First Baptist Church of Collinsville – Collinsville, OK
- Sam Rainer – Stevens Street Baptist Church – Cookeville, TN
- Tom Rush – Berean Baptist Church – Social Circle, GA
- Phillip Shuford – First Baptist Church of Ozark – Ozark, MO
- A.B. Vines – New Seasons Church – Spring Valley, CA
- Jeff Williams – Geyer Springs First Baptist Church – Little Rock, AR
Please pray for them as they lead us.
2015 Tellers Committee
When the messengers of the Southern Baptist Convention are called upon to vote via ballot, the members of the Tellers Committee are responsible for tabulating the outcome of the vote. It is requested of me, as President, to appoint the Tellers Committee.
When a ballot vote occurs, the tellers tabulate the vote under the supervision of the Registration Secretary of the Convention. When messengers complete their registration in Columbus, they will be given printed ballots for voting.
After the tabulation of the ballots, the Chairman of the Tellers Committee reports the outcome of the vote to the secretaries. The results are announced as soon as possible.
By the nature of their responsibility, this committee is very pivotal in conducting business when these moments occur. We must insure it is led by and contains great leaders of integrity.
Therefore, I have named David Galvan, Lead Pastor of the New Life Church in Dallas, Texas as Chairman of the Tellers Committee. Pastor Galvan has led in many areas of our convention, always in the highest manner. He will be assisted as Vice-Chairman by a gifted brother in Christ, Mike Orr, Senior Pastor of the First Baptist Church in Chipley, Florida. Southern Baptists, these two men and this committee will serve us in the highest manner.
Our 2015 Tellers Committee is:
- David Galvan (Chairman) – New Life Church – Dallas, TX
- Mike Orr(Vice Chairman)– First Baptist Church Chipley – Chipley, FL
- Judson Adams – LifeSpring Church – Marysville, OH
- C.J. Adkins – Westmoreland Baptist Church – Huntington, WV
- Doug Austin – Bethany Baptist Church – Cape Girardeau, MO
- Gary Bearce – Pioneer Baptist Church – Wasilla, AK
- Jeremy Byrd –Dunlap First Baptist Church– Dunlap, TN
- Tim Carr – Northside Baptist Church – Newark, OH
- Noel Dear – First Baptist Church Heath – Heath, OH
- Danny Decker – First Baptist Church Warsaw – Warsaw, MO
- James Forbis – Sovereign Grace Church – Louisville, KY
- Steve Ford – Vermillion Grace Baptist Church – Vermillion, SD
- Peyton Hill – Highland Baptist Church – Grove City, OH
- Brian King – Ezekiel Baptist Church – Philadelphia, PA
- Choe Sergent – First Baptist Church Junction City – Junction City, KY
- Derek Simpson – Highview Baptist Church – Louisville, KY
- Bruce Speer – Crosspoint Community Church – Missoula, MT
- Matthew Stewart – South Shore Baptist Church – Crownsville, MD
- Heath Tucker – First Baptist Church of Sentinel – Sentinel, OK
- David Warton – Rohr Road Baptist Church – Lockbourne, OH
- George Wright III – Cedarcrest Church – Acworth, GA
Please pray for them.
Finally, Southern Baptists
Finally, Southern Baptists, please understand that we have worked with great diligence over these past ten months. Please pray for me, my team, and of course, all of our leadership in the Southern Baptist Convention. It truly takes a team to pull off an experience like the Southern Baptist Convention.
If you haven’t already, register now and let’s meet in Columbus, ready to see one another and meet God in His power and glory as we pray together for the next Great Awakening and to reach the world for Christ.
Yours for the Great Commission,
Ronnie W. Floyd