By Tim Lubinus, BCI Executive Director/Treasurer
Actually the Baptist Convention of Iowa (BCI) is moving forward aggressively in adding staff and ministries. I mentioned in an earlier post here that we had solid growth in 2015 and at the same time were able to more than double our financial contributions to the national SBC entities like the International Mission Board, North American Mission Board, six SBC seminaries, and the Ethics and Religious Liberty commission. To see the percentages that go to each, go to the new “Donate Now” button on the BCI website, individuals and churches can now contribute directly online to key BCI ministries.
Believe it or not, very soon we will be up to eighteen on BCI staff, most with part-time or contract positions. This doesn’t count twenty-one church planting and collegiate ministry staff that are receiving financial support or are applying for support.
A few staff introductions (for more information go here):
Church Planting Team:
- Geoff Safford, New Heights, Indianola (NAMB Mission Service Corps Church Planting Catalyst)
- Mark Vance, Salt Company at Cornerstone, Ames (NAMB Mission Service Corps Church Planting Catalyst)
- Todd Stiles, First Family, Ankeny (NAMB Mission Service Corps Church Planting Catalyst)
- Donovan Santamaria, Redeemer, Cedar Rapids (NAMB Mission Service Corps Church Planting Catalyst)
- Gilmer Mauricio, Immanuel Hispanic Baptist Church, Cedar Rapids (Hispanic Church Planter Developer)
- Shane Kelley: Leadership Development Coordinator
- Chase Abner: Collegiate Ministry Coordinator
- Chris McRae: Discipleship Team Leader
- John Shaull: Pastor/Church Support West
- Ed Gregory: Pastor/Church Support East
- Mandy Stemberg: Children’s Ministry, Women’s Conference
- Joni Wilkinson: WMU Coordinator
- Jon and Mindy Jamison: Friendship Center Directors
- Frank McCrary: Disaster Relief Director
- Bobbie Thies: Business/Finance Assistant
- Eric Seever: Ministry Assistant
- Jon Olsen: Communications Coordinator
Let me know if you have suggestions, comments, or questions.